March 17, 2007

Downtown Madison, on St. Patrick's Day.

So I go downtown today, and of course, it's St. Patrick's Day, but I'm just looking for a little walk and a stop someplace where I can read the newspaper and drink some coffee. Still, I had my camera, and there were things to see.

Down at the campus end of State Street, it's looking like this:

Peace march

Cooking up a peace march, apparently.

Peace march

But up at the Capitol end of the street, there's a different crowd:

St. Patrick's Day parade

With a different attitude:

St. Patrick's Day stroller

The sun is shining. The parade is about to begin. First, the pipers:



Then, the 132nd Army Band Wisconsin National Guard:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dubya looks good, don`t he ?

Brendan said...

Very nice. Speaking of the Square, did you ever buy that condo?