December 3, 2008

Wish fulfilled.

Back here, I had this picture:

DSC09706

Bissage said:
That’s a nice, strong dominant leader your neighbor’s got going there.

I just consulted the Magic 8-Ball (arborist’s edition) and it said, “Split crotch unlikely.”

And that’s a fine prognosis!
I said:
Actually, it breaks up into three parts just above the top of what you see in the photo. I've often looked at that spot and thought: 1. You could sit there, 2. It would be scary. 3. Even if I wanted to sit there, it would be hard to get there. 4. No matter how long I live and how many times I look at that spot, I will never sit there.
Chip Ahoy responds: "Alternate reality. Ann in a tree."



IN THE COMMENTS: peter hoh said...
Maybe you can ask to have your ashes deposited in that spot.
Christopher Althouse Cohen said...
If you truly wanted to sit there that badly, you could find a way to sit there.
Hey, I said wish fulfilled. Yeah, maybe I could find a way to have myself hoisted up there -- about 4 stories high -- and maybe I can be overcome with vertigo and tumble out and you could have my lifeless body transmogrified into a pile of white grit which you get somebody to pile up there in the tree-crotch for the squirrels to rake their claws through. But as I said: wish fulfilled.

10 comments:

1775OGG said...

So, this is the reason Ann Althouse has a blog? Chilling, eh?

Meade said...

Madcap Bissage, Corn Ahoy.
In a crotch of a oak tree, baby
What goes on in our Ann's brain?
Our Ann's brain.

Peter Hoh said...

Maybe you can ask to have your ashes deposited in that spot.

Chris Althouse Cohen said...

If you truly wanted to sit there that badly, you could find a way to sit there.

Joan said...

I particularly like the nagging. Very apt.

ricpic said...

The backyards of home,
What makes them so homey?
Whatever our outcome
They stay: the unphoney.

AllenS said...

Look at the size of that woman's.... head!

Henry said...

Dear Diary

Fair weather today. I sat in a tree. A possum in Australia went extinct. But it's snowy here. Retired at 10.

I'm Full of Soup said...

Amazing! Do Bissage and Chip Ahoy have more creative talent than whole TV networks?

Peter Hoh said...

LOLZ Squirrels:

I am in ur tree crotch,
scratchin at ur remainz.