February 8, 2013

"For those who suffer from #fomo (fear of missing out)..."

"... it’s a good idea to avoid the Instagram feed of Dannijo, a fashion jewelry line favored by downtown socialites and celebrities."

I'm impressed by the intrepid marketing here and the very extravagant bib necklaces (which go way out onto the shoulders, like epaulettes, and drape around the breasts, like a brassiere). You cannot find Dannijo necklaces on Amazon. (I checked.) You cannot even find a bib necklace that extensive. I don't know how much metal and rock you'd enjoy hanging from your neck, but I did search for bib necklaces. There's an awful lot of crap under that designation, and Valentine's Day is coming up. I don't want to steer you wrong. I think something like this is not what your wife/girlfriend is likely to want to think you think reminds you of her. This is a possibility, for the right person. And this or this. If she's adventurous (albeit not at the Dannijo level). This is one I'd pick if I had to have a bib necklace. And finally, if the 2 of you are all about Scrabble, I have located the perfect Valentine's gift.

ADDED: Here's the one I can wholeheartedly endorse. It's the official Althouse blog Valentine's Day present for 2013. Here's the official alternative.

11 comments:

Sydney said...

I never realized those were called bibs. I've never seen anyone in real life wearing necklaces like that, only diamond ones in the movies. You have to have a special look to be able to carry those off.
P.S. I agree, the one in your addendum is the most tasteful. Something like that in the celestial theme rather than hearts I might wear.

Astro said...

Those Dannijo necklaces should be sold with a matching pair of bejeweled pasties.

FleetUSA said...

The official Althouse blog gift is also at a very sensible price compared to some of the other baubles.

ricpic said...

Everything Betsey Johnson has a look at how kookie I am quality.

edutcher said...

I take it, Madame, we'll be seeing you on QVC any day now.

Ann Althouse said...

"Everything Betsey Johnson has a look at how kookie I am quality."

Are you male? Do you have a wife/girlfriend? If yes + yes, I am willing to bet she has the degree of kookiness that would make her pleased to have that much kookiness in necklace form. We're not talking about a whole Betsey Johnson getup, head to toe. Just a somewhat expressive necklace.

Anonymous said...

Or you could buy a sensibly priced hand-crafted piece of jewelry here!

http://pinterest.com/cielindigo/my-jewelry/

Methadras said...

FOMO's are the last people to leave a party.

el polacko said...

thanks for all the gift ideas for HER. now, what will she be giving to HIM ? or is 'be my valentine' a one-way street ?

Anonymous said...

This is your #FOMO?

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. Here's some proper FOMO fodder for you: http://youtu.be/SwbP9WLX3fY

RAH said...

Paste jewelry using glass beads and crystals looks cluttered to me. However the sisters marketing strategy is very good. They made this clutterd look very fashionable and I congratulate them.