November 23, 2016

If you've been enjoying the Althouse blog...

... please remember, as you do your Christmas and other shopping, that you can make a contribution to this enterprise by entering Amazon through The Althouse Portal, which is always up there in the banner, or using the search box in the sidebar. When you use it, you channel money to the blog called Althouse without paying anything more for the items you were going to buy anyway.

If you're looking for something useful and nice, here's what we just bought and have been using many times a day — a panini press, replacing the also-excellent panini press I knocked off the counter at a spot where, if things fall, they don't just fall the distance from the counter to the floor but from counter through to the floor of the next story down. The thing was sturdy, but not that sturdy. I've gone without a panini press for years, as if I didn't deserve another one after my terrible carelessness and had to be punished. But I've served my sentence, and after years of deprivation, I can finally, once again, enjoy freedom of the press.

15 comments:

Sprezzatura said...

TMI.

Fred Drinkwater said...

Groan...

David Begley said...

"I can finally, once again, enjoy freedom of the press."

Good one Ann.

Guildofcannonballs said...

Has any blogger predicted more backlash from her cunningly worded posts, posts that have inspired an intellect like betamax3000 mind you, than our Althouse.

Not thinking I here.

Guildofcannonballs said...

Like Dottie said it's tough to describe your own, yet I know Althouse has allowed my genius extraordinare flourishment opposite a fascist would allow. Opposite all her peers save a few.

Peer being described herein as UW plus the Law.

mockturtle said...

Ordering from Amazon is difficult for me, living on the road. But I have sent a couple of donations.

Have a lovely Thanksgiving, Ann!

Ann Althouse said...

Thanks to all!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Guildofcannonballs said...

The photo, Me, was a pic from a friend and by a friend's gnome.

You attack me hose Dem/Libs remember they still kill for amusement, what Denver''S reputation was and has been for years. These people voted and paid taxes to that City for decades, different stuff.

They probably voted straight left too.

Don't demonize the photo takers of me appealing to somewhere in myself esoteric.

WE INTOTERIC NOT ESO.

Guildofcannonballs said...

I meself can't afford none of the traveling, what with the addictions and all, but if I could, Des Moines would serve as Mecca.

CWJ said...

I rarely use Amazon, and when I do I usually forget the portal. But yesterday I finally remembered to do so.

Big Mike said...

Been doing it; have no plans to stop.

Fred Drinkwater said...

BTW, I love puns.

The Vault Dweller said...

Hmm.. Freedom of the press in relation to a panini press post, then immediately followed up with a post on the danger of puns. This is drudgelike juxtaposition.

Wilbur said...

Life without a panini press.

First World problems.

Mountain Maven said...

Sorry Ann you're living high off the hog already on that day state pension.