January 7, 2005

Numerology.

Nice Philadelphia photos over at Satan's Laundromat. I especially like the first one. I'm fond of numerals, just as design, and I make a point of photographing "4" when I get the chance. I've also always had a place in my heart for that cool old Charles Demuth painting "I Saw the Figure 5 in Gold." You can buy a watch based on that painting, which is particularly nice if you love 5 o'clock. Me, I happen to be an immense fan of 4 o'clock. A.M. or P.M. -- I love 4 o'clock! And, yes, I know there are flowers called 4 o'clocks and that it's tea time (or just a good time for a late lunch) and that there's a movie called "The Devil at 4 O'Clock." Ah! When the Evil One crops up twice in one short post, it's time to stop!

UPDATE: Speaking of 4 o'clock, may I point out a little currently dismantled rock band I care a lot about -- Four O'Clock Tragedy.

No comments: