April 3, 2010

"On Good Friday, Dagwood makes the risen Christ weep with his horrifying rabbit fursuit."

"85 percent of the people in the 'furfans' and 'Blondie fans' Venn diagram overlap are now writing clarifying letters to King Features, emphasizing that Dagwood was not the character they wanted to see dressed in a sexy bunny outfit."

Bonus at the link: "Oh, your husband’s a terrible lout, is he? If you ever need a sympathetic ear, I’m here for you … listening … nodding thoughtfully … drinking your pain, your darkest emotional pain, like the sweet, sweet divine nectar that it is … oh, God, tell me, tell me, TELL ME…"

7 comments:

traditionalguy said...

Where do you find this cornucopia of interesting stuff? Life at Althouse is never routine or boring.

Trooper York said...

Well Meade runs in very interesting circles. Or that's the rumor. Hee.

You know he is a big Soupy Sale's Fan!

Unknown said...

They think the bunny suit is sexy?

Oy!!

Scott said...

Actually, I think Dagwood is hot.

My boyfriend would probably be more into Mr. Dithers, though

wormme said...

The Comics Curmudgeon is one of the absolute funniest sites out there, with a great community of commenters. If you decide to read it, start at the beginning, because a number of great tropes and themes emerge.

Largo said...

It is well known that Mrs. Dagwood is into her own kind of furry

(Or, as the curmudgeon might put it, her unspeakable filth. There were some amended copies of that strip floating around at the time: Blondie with a cigarette; a jar of peanut butter on the nightstand; alas, the links, they be stale.)

kentuckyliz said...

If you ever need a sympathetic ear, I’m here for you … listening … nodding thoughtfully … drinking your pain, your darkest emotional pain, like the sweet, sweet divine nectar that it is … oh, God, tell me, tell me, TELL ME…

I am a counselor.

I can post that quote on my wall.

(Actually it's not necessary)